Should You Have a Trash the Dress Photo Session in New England & New Hampshire?
Trash the Dress photo sessions are very popular with brides and grooms – both in New Hampshire and everywhere else around the US and Europe.
Is it a good idea for you? Even more importantly, is a trash the dress photo session a good idea for you and your particular situation?
We have gathered some tips to help you decide – so continue reading if you want to find out more.
- The greatest advantage of this kind pf photo shoot is that the pictures are, indeed, spectacular. There’s something really beautiful about the contrast between an elegant wedding dress and a non-elegant, natural landscape that looks striking, beautiful, and truly unique.
- There are multiple versions of the Trash the Dress “ritual”. Some of them involve actually trashing the dress through mud, using wine, and so on. Others, on the other hand, involve just a set of pictures taken in an unconventional environment (such as a rapeseed field, for example).
- Last, but not least, there’s also the version where the bride wears a different dress than her actual wedding gown and uses that as a prop for the Trash the Dress session. However, this is not very common, as brides want their actual wedding gown to be shown in the photos.
- If you want breathtaking wedding photos and if you want to complement your wedding photo album with a really personal touch of “closure”, this kind of photo session is a very good idea for you. However, if you plan on keeping the dress intact (or maybe even having it preserved), if you plan on passing the dress on to another woman in the family (maybe your daughter on her wedding day), or if you simply want to sell the dress, this kind of photo session is not for you.
- Remember, there are a lot of wedding trends going on out there – and just because they are great for some brides and grooms, it doesn’t mean you have to follow in their lead and do the same. Everyone is entitled to have their own wedding, their own way – so don’t let trends dictate against your personality or wishes!
Looking for a wedding photographer who will capture the beauty and candor of your wedding day in a genuinely elegant and natural way? Contact White Mountains Wedding Photography in New England & New Hampshire, then! Contact us and we guarantee you will never regret your choice!